Thursday, March 27, 2014

DAY 137 - COUNTING DOWN TO THE 50TH

GOOD MORNING, CLASS OF '64
HAPPINESS - LEONID BARANOV

Happiness



Carl Sandburg



I asked the professors

who teach the meaning of life to tell
     me what is happiness.
And I went to famous executives

 who boss the work of thousands of men.

They all shook their heads and

 gave me a smile as though
     I was trying to fool with them
And then one Sunday afternoon

 I wandered out along
 the Desplaines River
And I saw a crowd of Hungarians

 under the trees with
     their women and children

and a keg of beer and an
     accordion.
Tree of Happiness - Alexis Baranek
Happiness
from You're a Good Man, Charlie Brown!
Musical - 1967

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/You%27re_a_Good_Man,_Charlie_Brown
TV Short - 1985
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0153997/

 


Happiness is finding a pencil.
Pizza with sausage.
Telling the time.
Happiness is learning to whistle.
Tying your shoe for the very first time.

Happiness is playing the drum in your own school band.
And happiness is walking hand in hand.
Happiness is two kinds of ice cream.
Knowing a secret.
Climbing a tree.
Happiness is five different crayons.
Catching a firefly.
Setting him free.

Happiness is being alone every now and then.
And happiness is coming home again.
Happiness is morning and evening,
Daytime and night time too.
For happiness is anyone and anything at all
That’s loved by you.

Happiness is having a sister.
Sharing a sandwich.
Getting along.
Happiness is singing together when day is through,
And happiness is those who sing with you.
Happiness is morning and evening,
Daytime and nighttime too.
For happiness is anyone and anything at all
That’s loved by you.

Happiness is a Tailwind - Carolee Clark

 As the years pass by, what makes you happy?


Happiness is a seam that doesn't need ripped.
Happiness is a quilt block with perfect points.
Happiness is fabric on the shelf.
Happiness is a full bobbin.

Happiness is birds at the feeder.
Happiness is a dove nest in the pine.
Happiness is hummingbirds among the petunias.
Happiness is a deer in the yard.

Happiness is a surprise package.
Happiness is giving something away.
Happiness is watching gifts being 
unwrapped on Christmas morning.
Happiness is finding a bargain.

Happiness is being with family.
Happiness is a big family get together.
Happiness is planning a family surprise.
Happiness is listening to family chatter.

Happiness is snow crocus blooming through the snow.
Happiness is wildflowers in the spring.
Happiness is a willow tree waving in the breeze.
Happiness is green things growing.




 Green Things Growing


Dinah Maria Mulock Craik

O the green things growing, the green things growing,
The faint sweet smell of the green things growing!
I should like to live, whether I smile or grieve,
Just to watch the happy life of my green things growing.

O the fluttering and the pattering of those green things growing!
How they talk each to each, when none of us are knowing;
In the wonderful white of the weird moonlight
Or the dim dreamy dawn when the cocks are crowing.

I love, I love them so - my green things growing!
And I think that they love me, without false showing;
For by many a tender touch, they comfort me so much,
With the soft mute comfort of green things growing.

And in the rich store of their blossoms glowing
Ten for one I take they're on me bestowing:
Oh, I should like to see, if God's will it may be,
Many, many a summer of my green things growing!

But if I must be gathered for the angel's sowing,
Sleep out of sight awhile, like the green things growing,
Though dust to dust return, I think I'll scarcely mourn,
If I may change into green things growing.
 
Escape to Happiness - Fadi Semaan
Put on a Happy Face
Bye Bye Birdie (musical - 1960)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bye_Bye_Birdie_%28musical%29
Bye Bye Birdie (film - 1963)
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bye_Bye_Birdie_%28film%29 
Put On A Happy Face - Dick Van Dyke & Janet Leigh

Happiness Lives Here - Tracy Verdugo
 
My Happiness
Almost became Connie Francis' first #1 hit
 in the first months of 1959 
but was kept at #2 by another remake of a standard:
 the Platters' version of "Smoke Gets in Your Eyes"
 
Bluebird and Swirls of Happiness - Claudia True

Happy Talk
Happy Talk - South Pacific
Musical - 1949
 from South Pacific - Film - 1958

Happy talk, keep talking happy talk,
Talk about things you'd like to do,
You gotta have a dream, if you don't have a dream,
How you gonna have a dream come true?

Happy Days - Edward Potthast

No comments:

Post a Comment