Friday, February 14, 2014

DAY 175–COUNTING DOWN TO THE 50TH

GOOD MORNING, CLASS OF ‘64
HAPPY VALENTINE’S DAY!
music together

We wrote and recited this little “love” poem in grade school. Did you take pencil to paper and scribble it, too? Were you brave enough to speak it to a favorite boy or girl? Did you suffer through a puppy love?
Roses are red.
Violets are blue.
Sugar is sweet,
And so are you!
3
IMG_0003

Paul Anka "Puppy Love” (1960) American Bandstand
Paul Anka wrote Puppy Love for Annette Funicello whom he was dating at the time. The song reached #2 on the singles charts.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Puppy_Love_%28song%29
PAUL ANKA ON AMERICAN BANDSTAND SINGING PUPPY LOVE
Someone help me,help me please
Is the answer up above
How can I ever tell them
This is not a puppy love



IMG_00081





Neil Sedaka – Calendar Girl – 1961
Calendar Girl reached #4 on the charts in 1961.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Calendar_Girl_%28song%29
Neil Sedaka–Calendar Girl
Yeah, yeah
My heart's in a whirl
I love, I love, I love my little calendar girl



SteamyValentine

Chet Baker - My Funny Valentine - Torino 1959 – Jazz
My Funny Valentine has been recorded on over 1300 albums
and by over 600 artists.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/My_Funny_Valentine
Chet Baker–My Funny Valentine
But don't change a hair for me
Not if you care for me
Stay little valentine, stay
Each day is Valentines Day



vintage_valentine

SOME ENCHANTED EVENING
from South Pacific
"the single biggest popular hit to come out of any Rodgers and Hammerstein show”
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Some_Enchanted_Evening

South Pacific the Broadway Play - 1949
Some Enchanted Evening – Enzio Pinza and Mary Martin
(quite a kiss at the end!)
Enzio Pinza singing to Mary Martin
South Pacific the Movie
Rossano Brazzi - South Pacific (1958) - Some Enchanted Evening

Rossano Brazzi singing to Mitzi Gainer in South Pacific - 1958
LIVE FROM LINCOLN CENTER
NEW YORK CITY
SOUTH PACIFIC
Overture - Dites Moi - Cockeyed Optimist - Twin Soliloquies - Some Enchanted Evening - Bloody Mary - There Is Nothin' Like A Dame
PART I

SOUTH PACIFIC LINCOLN CENTER
Once you have found her,
Never let her go.
Once you have found her,
Never let her go!



vintage_valentine_popcorn

William Holden & Kim Novak Dancing in the Movie Picnic (1955)
Probably the most sensual dance scene in the movies. It’s said that William Holden had to partake of some spirits in order to do the scene. He didn’t want to dance. (The music is Moon Glow.)

William Holden dancing with Kim Novak in Picnic

And now when there's moon glow
Way up in the blue
I'll always remember
That moon glow gave me you
That moon glow gave me you
That moon glow gave me you



valentine_gift_wrapped_up_with_a_bow_and_heart_wrapping_paper_0515-0901-1416-5506_SMU

ON THE STREET WHERE YOU LIVE
Another Broadway play (1956) that became a movie (1964)
My Fair Lady
On the Street Where You Live was recorded by Vic Damone
and reached #4 on Billboard in 1958
I have often walked down this street before;
But the pavement always stayed beneath my feet before.
All at once am I Several stories high.
Knowing I'm on the street where you live.



Large_Heart_Chocolates_Box_Clipart

Vintage Valentine Postcards and Illustrations for Collectors
http://collectibles.about.com/od/valentinecollecting/ig/Vintage-Valentine-Card-Art—/

Marlon Brando & Jean Simmons~Guys And Dolls
Your Eyes are the Eyes of a Woman in Love
Yet another Broadway play (1950)
that became a movie (1955)
Marlon Brando and Jean Simmons–Guys and Dolls
Those eyes are the eyes
of a woman in love
and may they gaze
evermore into mine




Quotation-Jodi-Picoult-relationships-love-language-memories-romance-music-memory-Meetville-Quotes-222501

No comments:

Post a Comment