Wednesday, May 14, 2014

DAY 86 - COUNTING DOWN TO THE 50TH

Good Morning, Class of '64
The Willow Tree - Pamela West
“Willows never forget how
it feels to be young.
Do you remember where
you came from?”
William Stafford
The willow is my favorite tree. I grew up near one. It's the most flexible tree in nature and nothing can break it - no wind, no elements, it can bend and withstand anything.

Read more at http://www.brainyquote.com/quotes/quotes/p/pink423076.html#fdvTco7ogE3Qcljd.99

Willow Tree With Full Moon - Ingrid Alvarez
I grew beside a willow and would grab 
its branches in bunches then run across 
the grass and narrow cement walk that led 
to the back door, so I could bend my legs 
at the knees to lift them from the ground 
and soar swiftly back across the yard again. 
I was flying. 
I miss that willow.
Weeping Willow - Poucher
Willow Weep for Me
Reached No. 15 on the Billboard Hot 100
and No. 1 on the Adult Contemporary chart.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Willow_Weep_for_Me
Chad and Jeremy - 1964

1 comment:

  1. When Dannys(jr) kids were younger I would pick them up and go to Cindy's house to see Bryan and Celeste and as soon as we got close we would see the big weeping willow and they would yell and say mamaw there is "mother willow" we are close to cindys house.. I think they got that from Pocohantas..jmc

    ReplyDelete